- ½ cucumber
- ½ avocado (optional)
- 2 spring onions
- 1 carrot
- Small bunch coriander leaves
- Small bunch mint leaves
- 2 tbsp rice noodles, cooked & cooled (or beansprouts)
- 2 tbsp pickled ginger
- 4 sheets round rice paper (or triangles)
Sweet chilli sauce, or soy sauce
1. Cut all the vegetables into very thin strips.
2. One at a time, soak each sheet of rice paper individually in warm water for 30 seconds, and then fish them out of the water with a spatula.
3. To make a roll, place the soaked paper on a board, place the fillings on the centre (the thin strips of avocado, carrot, cucumber, spring onions, pickled ginger, herbs and rice noodles). Fold the sides of the rice paper inwards and roll up tightly. Seal the edge with water to finish. Cut into sushi-style discs or serve in a cigar shape.
4. Serve with a sweet chilli sauce or a soy sauce dip.
Note: For a non vegetarian option, you could add strips of raw tuna or salmon.
Soy Dipping Sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- Dash of sesame oil
Combine all and stir till the sugar is dissolved.