- 8 thin slice of sourdough
- 100g butter
- 8 slices of ham
- 100g of blue cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp of flat leaf parsley
1. Butter both sides of the bread. Divide your ham and cheese between the slices of bread to make 4 sandwiches.
2. Heat a non stick frying pan and add some olive oil. Put two sandwiches into the pan and place a weight on top of the sandwiches. Gently fry for 1-2 mins until they are golden. Flip it over and do the same on the other side. When cooked, place into a warm oven and fry the other sandwiches.
3. When the sandwiches are cooked, add a knob of butter to the pan and cook the fried eggs for 2 minutes until the egg white has set.
4. Serve a fried egg on top of each sandwich and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
For this recipe and more, come along to our Brilliant Brunches class.