Growing up in San Francisco, I was exposed to all types of cuisines. In my top three cuisines I love to eat is sushi. Today, I’m sharing just a couple of etiquette tips I’ve learned.
Before our sushi Workshop tonight, here are some do’s and don’t’s:
- Pick up your sushi with your chopsticks
- Dip the fish side of the sushi into the soy sauce
- Use the ginger as a palate cleanser
- Eat the sushi in one go!
- Rub your chopsticks together. Although people think it might get rid of splinters, it actually offends the chef!
- Don’t use your chopsticks to point at people-it too is quite rude!
- Don’t dip the rice side of the sushi into the soy sauce. The rice already has it’s own special seasoning.
We are really lucky in the Creative Quarter to have a wide selection of restaurants and cafes. And we happen to have a great sushi spot right across the street from us here! That’s my lunch sorted!
Making sushi is such an impressive skill, why not check out our upcoming Sushi Workshop?