Our white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake is perfect for this summer weather! White chocolate and raspberry is a favorite flavor combos. The contrast of the sweet juicy raspberries with the smooth white chocolate, along with the subtle kick of lemon is to die for. Ginger nut biscuits also make for a great alternative to the usual Digestive biscuit. I’m sure you’ll be making this time and time again.
I like to fold in a mix of strawberries, blueberries, or blackberries. It’s an easy, but impressive dessert.
180g ginger nut biscuits
50g butter, melted
400g good quality cream cheese
60g caster sugar
½ lemon, zested, and juiced
300g good quality white chocolate, chopped
300ml cream, stiffly whipped
250g fresh raspberries
- For the biscuit base: Crush the biscuits in a plastic bag with a rolling pin, until they resemble breadcrumbs. Stir the melted butter thoroughly into the biscuits. Using the back of a spoon press into the base of a greased 20cm loose bottom cake tin (or springform tin) and chill in the fridge for 10 mins to harden the base.
- For the cheese mixture: Using an electric mixer (or electric whisk) beat together the cream cheese, sugar, lemon zest and juice, until smooth.
- Melt the white chocolate in a bain marie (heatproof glass bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water). Once melted, slowly pour it into the beaten ingredients, whisking as you do so. Fold in the whipped cream.
- To assemble the cheesecake, scatter half the raspberries over the base and pour half the filling over. Repeat with the remaining raspberries and filling and level the top with the back of a spoon. Leave to chill in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
- Carefully remove from the tin, and serve in wedges with a fruit coulis (see p. 193).
Cooks Note: If using a springform tin, dip a palette knife in hot water and run it around the inside of the tin before releasing the spring, for a smoother edge.
Book a spot in our Fabulous Chocolate Desserts Workshop and learn more delicious treats!