We were delighted to be featured in this Month’s issue of Food & Wine Magazine. Here is our super simple Homemade Hamburger recipe (as featured on pg 47 of F&W). It’ll be a real hit at your BBQ this summer.
500g round steak minced beef
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tsp English mustard
2 tsp curry powder
½ tsp of Tabasco sauce
25g flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
1 egg, lightly whisked
salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- In a large wide mixing bowl, first mix together the minced beef, breadcrumbs, onion, mustard, and Tabasco sauce. Mix in the parsley and season well.
- Lastly add in the egg and mix thoroughly to bind the mixture.
- Before shaping the hamburgers, fry a tiny piece of mince in a frying pan to check the seasoning.
- Shape the hamburgers into 2cm thick patties (avoid making them too large, or you risk under cooking them).
- Cover and refrigerate the burgers until ready to cook.
- Heat the barbecue or pan until it is very hot. Brush the burgers lightly with oil and cook them for approx 8-10 minutes on each side.
Chef’s note: If barbecuing do a half turn on each side whilst cooking to give a criss-cross effect.